Khantymansiyskgeophysics OJSC was formed in 1951, emerging as a pioneer in exploring mineral resources of West Siberia. The Company conducts seismic surveys in the Khanty-Mansi and Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Areas, Tyumen, Tomsk, and Krasnoyarsk Regions. In 1951–2012, the Company completed 546,000 km of 2D seismic and over 23,000 sq km of 3D seismic, discovered and prospected for exploration drilling 1,080 sites (with fuel equivalent reserves of over 27 billion tonnes), where 421 oil, gas and condensate fields have been discovered, including the world-known Samotlor, Fyodorovskoye, Priobskoye and other fields.
The Company's history dates back to 1 July 1951, when the Ob seismic crew was reorganised into the Khanty-Mansi Geophysical Expedition.
The Expedition was the first to start large-scale geological and geophysical exploration in the central areas of the West Siberian Plain, helping to discover the province’s large and unique oil and gas fields.
On 1 January 1965, following expansion in geological surveys, the Khanty-Mansi Geophysical Expedition was reorganised into the Khanty-Mansi Geophysical Trust, which by the early 1990s developed into one of the largest industry players in the Soviet Union.
1. On 1 January 1958, the Khanty-Mansi Full Service Geophysical Expedition was established as part of the RSFSR Tyumen Geological Administration by Order No. 222 of 5 June 1958.
2. On 1 July 1960, the Khanty-Mansi Full Service Geophysical Expedition was renamed the Khanty-Mansi Oil Exploration Expedition by Order No. 290 of 25 May 1960 issued by the RSFSR Tyumen Geological Administration.
3. On 1 January 1965, the Khanty-Mansi Oil Exploration Expedition was reorganised into the Khanty-Mansi Geophysical Trust by Order No. 57 of 4 February 1965 issued by the RSFSR Geological Committee and Order No. 53 of 26 February 1965 issued by the Tyumen Geological Administration.
4. On 1 January 1983, the Khanty-Mansi Geophysical Trust was reorganised into the Khantymansiyskgeophysics Technical Association by Order No. 560 of 25 October 1982 issued by the RSFSR Ministry of Geology.
5. On 2 December 1991, the Khantymansiyskgeophysics Technical Association was reorganised into the Khantymansiyskgeophysics State Geological and Geophysical Survey Company by Order No. 430 of 3 December 1991.
6. On 11 July 1994, the Khantymansiyskgeophysics State Geological and Geophysical Survey Company was reorganised into the Khantymansiyskgeophysics Public Company by Order No. 67 of 11 July 1994 issued by the Company.
7. On 30 July 1996, the Khantymansiyskgeophysics Public Company was reorganised into Khantymansiyskgeophysics OJSC by Order No. 1252 of 30 July 1996.
8. Since 2008, Khantymansiyskgeophysics OJSC has been affiliated with GEOTECH Holding, the largest industry player in Russia.
After over 60 years of operations, the Company has come a long way from simple analogue seismic recording and manual data processing to complex 3D seismic techniques based on cutting-edge telemetry and sophisticated data processing software.
· CDP-2D and CDP-3D land surveys in any environments with the application of Yenisei pulse sources (SEM and KEM modifications), drilling rigs, seismic vibrators, modern telemetry stations and navigation equipment
· Vertical seismic profiling (VSP)
· Seismic and archive data processing and interpretation
· Passive seismic monitoring and hydraulic fracturing monitoring based on surface seismic observations and real-time data processing
Ul. Sutormina, d. 16
Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area
Managing Director: Valeriy Chumak
Chief Engineer: Nikolay Chirkov
Chief Geophysicist: Vasiliy Kazantsev
Tel: +7 (3467) 36 3621 (reception)
Fax: +7 (3467) 39 6119