The company is a leader in the geophysical methods used in oil and gas exploration.
The method is based on the study of the propagation of elastic waves in the earth's crust caused by explosion or impact. In the geological environment the waves are reflected and refracted and partially returned to the surface, where a seismic station records the information. The length of time between each wave propagation and the nature of their seism allows us to judge the breed composition, depth and shape of the reflecting geological boundaries.
Geotech Seismic Services performs seismic exploration in any configuration - 2D, 3D, 4D, both on land and in the transit area.
Ground 2D seismic surveys usually presume a full range of exploration, including the processing and interpretation of the data with recommendations for exploration drilling. An example which characterizes Geotech Seismic Services opportunities is a 2D work project completed on the Lepchinskoy area in East Siberia.
3D seismic land exploration surveys can be performed with three types of sources of seismic signals - blasting, vibration and electromagnetic pulse. In recent years, Geotech Seismic Services executed a large number of high-resolution azimuthal projects. Examples that describe the company's capabilities in the field of 3D surveys include the following completed projects:
- 3D Karachaganak project in Kazakhstan. The general extent of vibroseismic operations totaled 270 000 FN. Work was performed for six months using the Slip-sweep method, the average performance was 1500 FN per day and a maximum 2880 FN a day;
- 3D design for the Radovsky area in the Orenburg region is characterized by the large number of active channels (about 6000), and a large number of operating channels (more than 15,000) on the project.
2D and 3D work in the transit area with pneumatic or electromagnetic pulse:
- A project in the basin of the Angara river with pulsed sources that allowed us to carry out seismic excitation signals in very shallow depths of water;
- a 3D project in the North Caspian Sea with a large number of active double (geophone and hydrophone) channels.
Complex seismic surveys on land and in the transit area:
- Project 3D Hovsan in Azerbaijan, performed in the suburb of Baku, including the transit zone, a zone of industrial and domestic buildings as well as a sewage lake. In order to perform the geological tasks all four possible sources of excitation were used - pneumatic (coastal), pulse (in the area of intensive development), vibration (in the area of less intensive development) and explosive (in the sewage lake and mountain elevations);
- Comprehensive regional seismic projects in East Siberia with the implementation of gravel exploration, electrical and geochemical works.
All projects are carried out in compliance with all safety and environmental requirements, not only Russian but also international requirements. For example, in the last four winters, the project was carried out in the Salym 3D area in Western Siberia. Works were carried out with full compliance of the safety and environmental requirements of the Shell company, which has the highest requirements in the world.